Spinach & Ricotta Gnudi, Tomato & Chilli Sugo
Serves 4 – 6 people
Make your own pasta: Optional
Recipe - Spinach & Ricotta Gnudi
160g ‘00’ Pasta flour
1 Egg White
120g Parmesan (grated)
480g Baby Spinach
Recipe – Tomato & Chilli Sugo
2 x Large brown onion
2 x Garlic clove
½ Bunch thyme (picked and chopped)
250ml White wine
1.25kg Ripe round tomatoes (cored and chopped roughly)
2 Long Red Chilli (finely chopped)
Method – Spinach & Ricotta Gnudi
1) Blanch the spinach in pot of salted boiling water for 1 – 1.5 minutes.
2) Refresh in ice water until cold.
3) Squeeze all the water out until very dry.
4) Chop spinach finely.
5) Mix all ingredients together into a homogenous dough.
6) Season with salt and roll into 25 – 30g balls.
7) Refrigerate until ready to use.
Method – Tomato Sugo
1) Sweat off onions, chilli, garlic and thyme in olive oil on a medium heat until translucent.
2) Add white wine and reduce by half.
3) Add tomatoes and cook on a low heat for 2 hours or until sauce has a nice rich consistency.
1) In a pot of salted boiling water, place the gnudi in the water.
2) When they start to float they are ready to add to the sauce.
3) Serve and grate parmesan over the top.