Fettucine, Chinese Broccoli, Soy Braised Shiitake, Fermented Chilli, Egg Yolk
Make your own pasta: Optional
Recipe – Pasta Dough
3 Whole eggs (165g total)
Recipe – Soy braised shiitakes
500g Shiitake Mushrooms
250mL Soy Sauce
150mL Rice Wine Vinegar
Recipe – Fermented Chilli
200g Long Red Chillies (sliced)
2% Salt (of total weight of chillies after they have been sliced)
1 – 2 bunches Chinese Broccoli (cleaned & roughly sliced)
6 Egg Yolks
Method – Pasta Dough
1) Kneed together all ingredients in a large bowl (this should be done the night before) and leave to rest in fridge overnight, wrapped tightly in cling wrap.
2) Using a pasta roller, work the dough through the thickest setting, gradually rolling down to the thinnest setting (approximately 1-1.5mm thick) whilst occasionally dusting the dough with semolina.
3) Once you have the right thickness for your pasta, cut in to 30cm pasta sheets.
4) Then cut in to 1cm wide strips and lay fettucine on to a tray and lightly dust with semolina.
5) Keep chilled in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
Method – Soy Braised Shiitakes
1) Add everything into a pot, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 – 15 minutes or until the mushrooms become tender.
2) Strain and retain the liquid.
3) Cut the shiitakes into quarters or halves, depending on the size.
Method – Fermented Chilli
1) Weigh the sliced chillies. Then add 2% natural salt and blend in a food processor.
2) Store in a sterilised glass jar and allow to sit for 2 – 3 days.
3) Store in the fridge until ready to use.
1) In a medium sized pan add 100mL of oil and bring to a medium high heat.
2) Add the Chinese broccoli and quickly sauté.
3) Start to cook the pasta in salted boiling water.
4) Add 150mL of the mushroom braising liquor to the broccoli.
5) Add the shiitakes and 3 tablespoons of the fermented chilli and toss so it is well distributed.
6) Add the pasta and serve.
7) Mold a bed for the egg yolk in the middle of each dish, place the yolk in the bed and season with salt over the top of the yolk. Enjoy!