Tagliatelle, Duck, Fig, Fennel, Blue Cheese.
Make your own pasta: Optional
Recipe – Pasta Dough
3 Whole eggs (165g total)
Recipe – Blue Cheese Sauce
150g Gorgonzola dolce
3 Duck breasts
9 Black figs (cut into ¼)
3 Fennel (shaved thinly on a mandolin)
Method – Pasta Dough
1) Kneed together all ingredients in a large bowl (this should be done the night before) and leave to rest in fridge overnight, wrapped tightly in cling wrap.
2) Using a pasta roller, work the dough through the thickest setting, gradually rolling down to the thinnest setting (approximately 1-1.5mm thick) whilst occasionally dusting the dough with semolina.
3) Once you have the right thickness for your pasta, cut in to 30cm pasta sheets.
4) Then cut in to 1cm wide strips and lay tagliatelle on to a tray and lightly dust with semolina.
5) Keep chilled in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
Method – Blue Cheese Sauce
1) In a pot, add the milk and the cream.
2) Bring to a light simmer.
3) Take off the heat and while whisking add the cheese slowly. Whisk until all the cheese has melted and combine with the milk and cream. Season with salt and strain.
4) Keep aside until ready to use.
1) Clean the duck breasts.
2) In a medium sized pan add just enough oil to cover the bottom. Bring to a medium – high heat.
3) Place the duck in the pan skin side down.
4) Cook for 3 – 4 minutes or until the skin is a nice golden colour.
5) Place the ducks into a preheated oven (200*c) skin side down in the pan or on a steel tray.
6) Cook the duck approximately for 5 – 6 minutes in the oven. Check if it is cooked to your liking. Cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
7) Start to cook the pasta in salted boiling water.
8) In a separate pot or pan add approximately 710mL of sauce and bring to a light simmer.
9) Add the cooked pasta to the sauce along with a small amount of pasta water.
10) Add the figs and the fennel, toss through until evenly distributed. Season with salt.
11) Serve pasta into your desired bowls.
12) Slice the duck and place over the top of each dish. Enjoy!